CBDT releases Action Plan for the First Quarter in the FY 2018-2019 [Read Action Plan]
The Central Board of Direct Taxes ( CBDT ) has released Central Action Plan for the First Quarter April 2018 to June 2018 of the FY 2018-2019.
The Key Result Areas of the Action Plan and the Time Frame in the which it is to be achieved has been categorically divided into the following heads:
- Assessment Units (including International Taxation, Central and Exemption Charges): It focuses on Disposal of assessments on at least 25 cases, Verification and certification of demand in CPC Financial Accounting System, Audit Objections, Central Charges, identification of potential cases for the write-off of arrears.
- TDS Units: It mainly focuses on Collection/ reduction of total TDS demand as on 01.04.2018 by 10%.
- Investigation Units: It contains directions to upload pending TEPs and STRs on ITBA as on 31.03.2018.
- International Taxation, Transfer Pricing Units and LTUs.: It focuses on TPOs of all ranks to pass Transfer Pricing Orders through ITBA system in at least 30% of the pending TP references.
- CIT (Appeals): It focuses on Disposal of pending appeals through ITBA- starting from the oldest year to the year following and so on, so as to attain a total disposal of 150 appeals of less than Rs.10 lakh per CIT (A).
- Exemption Units: It mainly focuses on Uploading and updating the database of registered/exempted/approved entities under sections 12A/12AA, 10(23C), 80G etc., including cases received from other jurisdictions.
- Intelligence & Criminal Investigation Units: It pertains to SFT Compliance Management, SFT Filers Awareness Programme, SFT Verification Survey, Verification of Non-PAN/demonetized data/other high-value data, Special Pilot Projects & 50% disposal of cases pending for verification as on 01.04.2018.
Pr. Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners and Pr. Commissioners / Commissioners: It mainly pertains Completion of all the inspection/reviews for the financial year 2017-18, Rationalization and redistribution of workload of scrutiny assessments and appeals, holding of one meeting by Pr. CIT with Director (Audit) in the office of C&AG to resolve outstanding major audit objections & Disposal of all CPGRAMS grievance older than 30 days.